GREAT SERVICE AND PRICES
10 minutes driving
Black Abyss tour Waitomo Caves
Feel the adrenaline as you abseil into the dark, seemingly bottomless depths of Ruakuri Cave. Zipline through a gallery of glowworms and climb underground waterfalls as you test your limits on this truly unforgettable journey.
In the heart of New Zealand, you can step into the lush pastures of the Shire™, as featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies.
Wairere Falls Track weaves its way through moss covered rocks and tree roots. Large round boulders form natural pools and cascading waterfalls.
5 km return via same track
Walking and tramping 3 – 4 hr
Easy: Walking track
Advanced: Tramping track
The falls can be seen from the Te Aroha-Okauia Road and are signposted from the Goodwin Road turnoff. In spring, watch out for the apricot coloured flowers of the taurepo or sandpaper plant on the rocky valley walls..
House with no nails
- Wairere Falls – 7 mi / 11.3 km
- Founders Park – 8.5 mi / 13.7 km
- Matamata Golf Club – 11 mi / 17.8 km
- Mokena Geyser – 15.2 mi / 24.5 km
- Hobbiton Movie Set – 18.1 mi / 29.1 km/li>
- Lake Karapiro – 20.1 mi / 32.4 km
- Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park – 21 mi / 33.9 km
- Te Waihou Walkway – 26.7 mi / 42.9 km